The theme for our Facebook page Virtual Exhibition for the month of November is Collage as a medium. To get you in the mood our featured image is by Nasa Funahara and is a masking tape collage of Edvard Munch’s The Scream.
Collage is both the technique and the finished artwork. This involves the arranging of pieces of paper such as newspapers, magazines or leaflets, fabric, photographs and old paintings or drawings (in fact any type of material that can be cut or torn) and sticking onto a separate surface. Collage can be traced back to the invention of paper in China, around 200 BC, and the term is derived from the French coller, to glue, pasting paper cutouts onto different surfaces. Decoupage is a type of collage from the French decouper, to cut out.
Your artwork can be on any theme and may be 3D, including collected or found objects such as sweet wrappers, but must contain some element of collage.
A maximum of three pieces of original artwork may be submitted by each Teignmouth Art Society member. Members and non members can vote for their favourite pictures using the Facebook like button. The work with the most likes by 2pm on 30 November will be awarded Favourite Artwork of the month. To upload artwork to Facebook:
– go to the Teignmouth Art Society Facebook page
– find the pinned post for this month’s Virtual Exhibition
– click in the comment box and write title of artwork, artist’s name, medium and size
– click on the camera symbol and this will take you to your gallery/files on your phone/computer/laptop
– select your image and press Enter/Go/OK and your photo will be uploaded to 100% and be shown as a thumbnail size
– press Enter/Arrow by the comment box and the photo and text should be uploaded together. You can do this in the other order, i.e. you can upload the photo and then write in the comment box, it doesn’t matter. If you do not have access to Facebook, you can email the image and details to Sarah on email@example.com.
The theme for December will be Christmas.