The theme for our Facebook page Virtual Exhibition for the month of September is Abstract Art. Abstract is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality but instead uses shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect.
Be inspired by Hilma af Klint, W Kandinsky, Mark Rothko, Joan Mitchell, Kazimir Malevich, Joan Miro, Jackson Pollock, Lyubov Popova, Agnes Martin, Morris Louis, Frank Stella, Piet Mondrian, Juan Gris and Georgia O’Keeffe.
Abstract Art extends into Expressionism, Suprematism, Constructivism, Automatism, Modernism, Cubism, Post-Painterly Abstraction and Fauvism.
A maximum of three pieces of original artwork may be submitted by each Teignmouth Art Society member. Members and non members can vote for their favourite pictures using the Facebook like button. The work with the most likes by 2pm on 31 October will be awarded Favourite Artwork of the month. Feel free to use any medium, including 3D work. To upload artwork to Facebook:
– go to the Teignmouth Art Society Facebook page
– find the pinned post for this month’s Virtual Exhibition
– click in the comment box and write title of artwork, artist’s name, medium and size
– click on the camera symbol and this will take you to your gallery/files on your phone/computer/laptop
– select your image and press Enter/Go/OK and your photo will be uploaded to 100% and be shown as a thumbnail size
– press Enter/Arrow by the comment box and the photo and text should be uploaded together. You can do this in the other order, i.e. you can upload the photo and then write in the comment box, it doesn’t matter. If you do not have access to Facebook, you can email the image and details to Sarah on email@example.com.
NOV theme, Collage as a medium
DEC theme, Christmas