ZOOM, Instagram and Facebook have all come to our rescue to keep members together.
We are currently running a virtual exhibition each month on our Teignmouth Art Society Facebook page and showcasing entries on this website. A maximum of three pieces of original artwork may be submitted by each Teignmouth Art Society member. Both members and non members can vote for their favourite pictures using the Facebook like button. The work with the most likes by 2pm on the last day of each month will be awarded Favourite Artwork. Pease feel free to use any materials, including 3D work.
To upload artwork to Facebook:
– go to the Teignmouth Art Society Facebook page
– find the pinned post for the Virtual Exhibition of the month
– click in the comment box and write title of artwork, artist’s name, medium and size
– click on the camera symbol and this will take you to your gallery/files on your phone/computer/laptop
– select your image and press Enter/Go/OK and your photo will be uploaded to 100% and be shown as a thumbnail size
– press Enter/Arrow by the comment box and the photo and text should be uploaded together. You can do this in the other order, i.e. you can upload the photo and then write in the comment box, it doesn’t matter. If you do not have access to Facebook, you can email the image and details to Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thunderbirds are go, it seems, for our new Instagram schedule
Sunday: Virtual Exhibition – update from Sarah
Monday: Artist Spotlight – Avenda looks at the great, the good and the forgotten, past and present artists
Tuesday: Techniques – Avenda highlights a useful tip or two
Wednesday: Book Review – Bas brings a new/old favourite art related publication to our attention
Thursday: TAS Artist Spotlight – Bas introduces the fun and unknown facts about our own TAS members
Friday: Quiz Day – which do you prefer? Bas asks us to choose between 2 artworks and say why
Saturday: What’s On – Sarah checks out a few online courses, exhibitions and TV programmes of interest
We are now on Zoom with regular sessions for TAS members only. We would love to hear your ideas and suggestions for what you would like out of these meetings.
Tuesday workshops 2 – 4pm every 2nd & 3rd Tuesday of the month – facilitated by Bee Inch. TAS members should let Bee know if you wish to attend. You will be sent an email with the topic, materials needed and a link to the Zoom session email@example.com
Zoom painting demonstrations – Tony Homer has very kindly offered to run a demonstration so once we are up and running and people feel confident, we will set a date. If you would like to demonstrate a Zoom session we’d love to hear from you, any medium and any topic